Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid License Could Not Be Obtained - Help with this Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
waner21
1741 Views, 5 Replies

Valid License Could Not Be Obtained - Help with this Issue

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded the Civil 3D 2013 to replace our office's Civil 3D 2010.  I created a deployment on our office's server and installed Civil 3D 2013 onto my workstation.  After I try to open Civil 3D 2013, I get this error:

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.

If you are still unable to access a license, contact yoru system administrator.

Error [0.0.0]

Does anyone know what this error is referring to?  And I still have Civil 3D 2010 on my workstation and that still works with the new license that I configured with the network license manager.  And just throwing this out there, I'm not the most computer literate person out there.  And in case it is of any value, below are the steps I went through to setup everything:

1.  Downloaded Civil 3D 2013 from Autodesks's website.

2.  Installed downloaded file.

3.  Created deployment on office's server.

4.  Installed Civil 3D 2013 from deployment onto my workstation.

5.  Received new license from Autodesk.  However, during the procedure, Autodesk requires to give the server host name and the "server 1 ID".  Is the "server 1 ID" the same as the Ethernet Address you can read from LMTools under the "System Settings" tab?

6.  Removed/Stopped the service being used for Civil 3D 2010 and setup service for Civil 3D 2013 (i.e. pointed license to new one received from Autodesk).

7.  Did a "perform status inquiry" in LMTools and I didn't notice any issues that would make me think it does not work.

If anyone has suggestions, comments, or would need additional information, please respond and let me know.  I'm not very good at this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: waner21

what does the license status say?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
waner21
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

what does the license status say?

Copied and pasted the text from LMTools

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Mon 6/4/2012 15:10

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@slc-teng
    License file(s) on slc-teng: E:\Advantag\Licenses\Civil_3D_2013\Civil3d2013.lic:

slc-teng: license server UP v11.5

Vendor daemon status (on SLC-TENG):

adskflex: UP v11.5
Feature usage info:

Users of 69200CIVIL_F:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 74300CIVIL_2010_0F:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 68800CIVIL_2009_0F:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

you have to generate a new license file for 2013

its also a good idea to update your license manger the latest is 11.10 which you can get from the 2013 media

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
waner21

Well, I don't know what I did, but I'm working.  Thanks for your time to reply.

Message 6 of 6
DarrenP

don't know how your working

2013 is not listed on the status inquiry

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report