Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using older software I own on a Windows 7 computer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
OutlawSS
667 Views, 4 Replies

Using older software I own on a Windows 7 computer

I own Planix Suite and AutoCAD LT 97. I am getting back into design and would like to use these, but cannot get them to run even in compatability mode . Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks, SherriSmiley Surprised

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: OutlawSS

Autodesk products prior to the 2010 line are not supported on Windows 7. 

You should consider the XP Mode Virtual Machine offered by Microsoft.  This will allow you to install a fully-featured version of Windows XP on your Windows 7 to use for older programs.  It is free for licensed users of Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
OutlawSS
in reply to: TravisNave

Smiley HappyThank you! I was trying to load my old ME as a second OS right after I posted, good to know about Virtual Machine!

Message 4 of 5
Lucelia.silva
in reply to: OutlawSS

I am trying to install mechanical desktop 6, but i don't get it.

I receive an error 436:4:1 -  about license...

does anybody know to resolve it???

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Lucelia.silva

Read the solution I posted above on this.  There is no way you can get that old version to run and license on Windows 7 because the licensing service is not meant to run on Windows 7 and will not work right.  You have to run it in a XP Mode virtual machine or else install it on Windows XP on another box.  That's really your only solution.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report