Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Pano Logic technology with AutoCAD: NEED HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pgrunawa
656 Views, 2 Replies

Using Pano Logic technology with AutoCAD: NEED HELP!

My company has recently invested in Pano Logic technology; instead of having PCs on our desks, we have this nice little Pano box that creates a "virtual desktop". As I understand it, the actual computer is still downstairs, and it's being run through fiber-optic cables to our monitors. It should function just as well as a standard PC/Monitor setup.

As soon as we made this switch, reinstalled AutoCAD 2014, we've been having huge lag issues. Moving the cursor around (exclusively on a drawing) is extremely jerky and delayed. It's really hurting our productivity, so we're desperate for a solution.

I went to 3DCONFIG to check the Performer Tuner Results Log, and here's what I'm getting:

Machine Configuration

---------------------

Processor Speed  : 2.9 GHz

RAM              : 4096 MB

3D Device

---------

Name             : Pano Logic Display Driver

Manufacturer     : Pano

Chip set         : Logic Display Driver

Memory           : n/a MB

Driver           : 6.0.0001.25582

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

The graphics card we have on the computer should be the same as before, and the Pano Logic network should only add about 10ms of lag (.01 seconds). I am not able to to enable Hardware Acceleration (I get the Heidi Module Load Error), or any of the settings that can optimize AutoCAD. What realy urks me is that the cursor works fine if it's not scrolling over the drawing. For example, moving through toolbars has NO LAG, but as soon as that cursor hits the screen and the cross-hair appeares, it starts to lag.

Has anyone else tried Pano Logic and successfully run AutoCAD 2013 (or 2014) without these huge lag issues? I'm open to any suggestions! PLEASE HELP! Let me know if you need more information. Email me at: pgrunawalt@godfreyhoffman.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
owing
in reply to: pgrunawa

Hello~ I'm engineer about NovaDatacom Korea; PanoLogic Distributor in South Korea)

I'm korean,so i'm not good at english, sorry for my english grammer.

In Pano Session with autocad application, about mouse movement...

Try to use Native Mouse Driver,

Follow this,

1. run 'regedit'
2. Make Native Mouse registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARTE\Pano Logic\PanoDirect\Native Session\Native Mouse

This Pano mouse driver can be replaced by editing a registry key called Native Mouse of type String (REG_SZ).
The value to "True" the DVM will use.

3.Please note that the Pano Direct Service typically must be stopped and restarted before a change in this registry setting will take effect.

==================================

I hope it is helpful for you. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
pgrunawa
in reply to: owing

We're going to check it out, thanks so much! Will let you know if it works soon. Good English.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report