Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Autodesk on the Network License Server?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RyanEngstrom
362 Views, 4 Replies

Using Autodesk on the Network License Server?

I have a lab of 35 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 desktop computers.  I have successfully deployed Autodesk 2013 to each of the 35 machines.  I have also successfully deployed a network license server on one of the 35 machines.  All lab machines are able to successfully check out a license from the licensing machine.  When launching any of the Autodesk programs on the licensing machine, it cannot find itself as a licensing server.  Is using Autodesk on the network licensing server itself supported?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aaronhai
in reply to: RyanEngstrom

Please add a hosts file entry for itself in that machine under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

Eg.

10.145.4.202    yourserverhostname

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 5
RyanEngstrom
in reply to: aaronhai

@aaronhai wrote:

Please add a hosts file entry for itself in that machine under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

Eg.

10.145.4.202    yourserverhostname

This solved the issue.  Thanks for your prompt response!

Message 4 of 5
gwlfeng

I also have a Network License of the 2011 product that is loaded on the only station that we utilize for AutoCAD. In addition, this station is licensed with LMTOOLS to ArcInfo. No one has been able to get both licenses to work at the same time. We move the ArcInfo license manager to the server, but have not correct the issue with AutoCAD. Can anyone provide specific information on the LMTOOLS network license file that will allow AutoCAD to work on this standalone station.

Message 5 of 5
JTBWorld

Have you tried this to have multiple vendors on the same license server?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2865829&linkID=9240617

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report