Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Problems with Installing Revit 2012 and Uninstalling Revit 2011

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1602 Views, 5 Replies

Urgent - Problems with Installing Revit 2012 and Uninstalling Revit 2011

Hello. I've had the student version of Revit 2011 for the past year or so, and I've been using it in studio. Later this week my school is doing a project that requires us to upgrade to Revit 2012. So, I downloaded the install file for Revit 2012 from the student community at the Autodesk website.

During the installation process, I received multiple errors (screenshots are attached). I tried restarting my computer and turning off my firewall, but the installation failed when I tried again several times.

I gave up on installing and tried to open up Revit 2011 like usual. Either due to incredibly bad luck or somehow related to my attempts to install Revit 2012, I was notified that my Revit 2011 license was expired. I had used 2011 only a few hours before.

I have a project due on Monday, so I cannot express how frustrating this is. I tried uninstalling Revit 2011, thinking that was interfering with my installation of Revit 2012. But Revit 2011 gave me an error and was unable to uninstall.

So, now I cannot use any version of Revit on my computer, because 2011 is stuck in demo mode and 2012 fails to uninstall. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi QuickTactical.

Can you please try right-clicking the install and running it as administrator?

Let me know if that solves the issue please.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I ran the 2012 install as administrator, but unfortunately I still experienced three error popups in a row during the install. While it was on the step installing Revit itself, I got a fourth popup (attached) like usual. Then I was shown a final screen where it showed the installation failed.

I went and manually deleted all of the Revit 2011 files I could find, and tried to install that again. But during the install process, it showed Revit 2011 was already installed on my system even though I attempted to remove all files.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

You might also need to delete the ProductInformation.PIT file and CascadeInfo.cas file as it will often be a factor in corrupted licenses issues. 

If you still cannot remove 2011, carefully consider using the MSI Cleanup in my signature link.  However, the existence of 2011 on your machine should not affect the installation of 2012.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you - doing a clean install worked! I cleared my computer of all Autodesk files by following the instructions in the link provided. After I rebooted, I started the installation of Revit 2012 again. I got the three errors mentioned in the original post, but the installation completed. Apparently Design Review also failed to install, but that's okay since I don't use it. Revit and the Materials Library installed okay.

I have another question, though. Sometime this weekend my new hard drive will arrive, so I will probably do a clean install of Windows 7 and all of my other programs on that. If I activate my Revit license now, will I be able to install Revit on the new hard drive? Or should I just use the trial mode in the mean time?

Thanks again, your guys' help is much appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
joane.bonghanoy

Hi QuickTactical,

It's good to know that the resolution provided above worked for you. We encourage you to click on the Accept Button so it may serve as a reference for other users experiencing the same issue.

With regard to your other question, we suggest that you do the installation and activation of your License when your new Hard Drive arrives. If you choose to activate your Revit now, you will be repeating the same procedure once your HD arrives. However, to answer your question, yes you can still install your Revit to your new HD even if you activate it now to your current Hard Drive.

For further clarification on Registration and Activation, please click on this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=4793581 or contact them at 1800-551-1490, M-F, 830am - 530pm.

Regards,

Joane Bonghanoy

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report