Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
amyjl
925 Views, 7 Replies

Upgrading

If we plan to upgrade everyone in our environment from AutoCAD Architecture 2009 to AutoCAD 2011 or AutoCAD Architecture 2011, do we have a time period after upgrading the first user to get the other users upgraded?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: amyjl

i don't know what you mean by a time period

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
amyjl
in reply to: DarrenP

Do we have to have the rest of our environment upgraded within 30 days of the first user?

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

no what makes you say that

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
amyjl

I am working on creating a plan for our next upgrade and our documentation from the last upgrade stated that that 'due to licensing restrictions after the first license is upgraded to the next version, thereis only a 30 day window to comlete all the upgrades before the licensing will auto expire and prevent users from using the older version. All upgrades muct be completed in a time allowed for the 14 day side by side period to be completeed before the 30 day licensing restrictions begin.' I want to verify this information before we create a plan and allocate resources.

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

i have never heard of this before

did you get that information from the autodesk license agreement?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

are you on subscription?

this is what is on the autodesk license agreement:

2.3        Upgrades.  If Autodesk labels the Software in the User Documentation as an upgrade or update (“New Version”) to software previously licensed to You (“Previous Version”), the license grant with respect to the Previous Version terminates one hundred twenty (120) days after Installation of the New Version.  Within such one hundred twenty (120) day period of Installing the New Version: (i) You must cease all use of the Previous Version and Uninstall all copies of the Previous Version; and (ii) destroy all Autodesk Materials relating to the Previous Version or, upon request by Autodesk, return all such Autodesk Materials relating to the Previous Version to Autodesk or the company from which they were acquired.  Autodesk reserves the right to require You to show satisfactory proof that all copies of the Previous Version have been Uninstalled and all Autodesk Materials relating to the Previous Version have been destroyed or returned.    If You have purchased Autodesk Subscription, You may have additional rights under the Autodesk Subscription Agreement and the obligations in this Section may not apply to You during the term of the Autodesk Subscription Agreement. 

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
amyjl

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report