Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to LMTools 11.12 During Production Hours

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
callen.loveless
563 Views, 2 Replies

Upgrading to LMTools 11.12 During Production Hours

I am prepared to make the switchover from Lmtools 11.7 to 11.12, but there are always licenses in use. 

From what I understand I need to stop the server, replace adskflex, lmgrd, lmtools, and lmutil with the newest versions, and then start the server. Will my end users see anything on their ends if they are currently using the software? For example, if they are working on a drawing, will a licensing error pop up on then or close the program out?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

No, it's work.  Assuming your licensing scheme doesn't change (available seats, type, etc) then it should be transparent to your users.  I do this daily for customers and nobody knows the difference.  The only problem may be from borrowed seats, but they can expire or be removed from the local registry. 

As for 11.12 vs 11.7, let it be known that 11.7 will run 2015 seats.  So, you aren't required to upgrade if you are running 11.7.  If you do, though, everything should go seamless.  Most timeouts take over 6 minutes.  You can upgrade the NLM in under one minute. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report