Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Subscription covered Standalone Licenses to Network Licenses

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
SMamedov
262 Views, 9 Replies

Upgrading from Subscription covered Standalone Licenses to Network Licenses

Hi All,

We have 4 standalone AutoCAD 2012 licenses covered with Subscription - expires in December, 2013. Today we want to move above mentioned licenses from Standalone license mode to Network licenses.

We know about Network activation fee option, but our reseller says that we can't purchase it because our licenses are covered by subscription. Is it right and what's the right solution for us?

SAM

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: SMamedov

you can't buy 2012 anymore you have to upgrade your 2013 licenses to a network license when you get your license file it will have a package statement in that will include 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

more info: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/understanding-licenses-on-subscription-and-not-on...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
SMamedov

Hi Darren,

Your prompt response is highly appreciated!

I'd like to make a mutter crystal clear - I've already upgraded my initially purchased AutoCAD 2012 Standalone licenses to AutoCAD 2013 Standalone because I have active Subscription.

Now I want to move from Standalone licenses to Network licenses - and my question is - how can I make this?

Reseller says that due to Autodesk licensing rules I can't upgrade my existing subscription covered standalone licenses to network licenses paying Network License Activation Fee. Is it right or not?

SAM

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP

you have to pay the network activation fee for each seat of autocad

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
SMamedov

So I can buy 4 (four) Network Activation Licenses for my standalone licenses (currently I have 4 SLM AutoCAD licenses) to change them to network licenses nevertheless I have or don't have subscription, right?

Message 7 of 10
DarrenP

yea

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
SMamedov

Thanks Darren,

I hope that I could buy AutoCAD Network License Activation pack tomorrow - because reseller refuses to sell it 🙂 arguing that if I want to use network licenses I should again buy AutoCAD network licenses from scratch instead of adding AutoCAD Network License Activation Fees Option to my existing standalone licenses because I bought them with subscription.

Message 9 of 10
DarrenP

i would find another reseller

i think they are trying to rip you off

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
SMamedov

I'll try to check your guess and send updates tomorrow!

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report