I apologize if anything I mention here is already dealt with. But I have searched many forums and found no answers.
So I have a couple of questions:
I plan to upgrade my student license to a commercial one.
I have a Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation 2011. It has a student perpetual license.
- 3D Studio Max
- (plus sketchbook pro 2010)
So I guess I would consider it an Ultimate suite.
Now say if I decided to upgrade from my Student Ultimate Suite, to a Commercial Maya Premium/Standard Suite.
1. Would that be allowed? (downgrading from Ultimate suite to lower suites)
2. If so? Will I still be able to use 3D Studio Max and or Softimage with my student license but not with my commercial license? (I plan to keep on learning them which leads to another question...)
3. My little brother might be interested in educating himself. Will I be able to hand him down my student license while I continue on with my upgraded commercial license? Or will the license be wiped/replaced/used?
4. Is there a way to purchase the commercial license version through the Autodesk website using my method of upgrading (student to commercial). And still receive the discount? How much would it be? Or will it still be US $1,495 (for premium/standard)?
5. And in case I can't do the previous statement. Which online reseller would be able to do it for me? I bought my student product from journeyed. They don't sell commercial licenses. I checked out Motionmedia but I don't know if there are better deals elsewhere or if they can do my method. Do any of you have any recommendations?
I know that these might be a lot to answer. But these questions have been bothering me for some time now. So if any of you can answer any of these questions that would be excellent! The earlier the better!
With regard to your inquiry below, I would suggest that you contact one of our Resellers through this link: http://autode.sk/A9d7Af. They would be able to assist you better and recommend the best possible option. Now, with regard to your question number 3, as our licenses are non-transferrable, if he is a student, he may register through our Education Community http://students.autodesk.com and download free software.
Cool! That makes it a lot easier for me now
The link http://autode.sk/A9d7Af. is broken
You are most welcome!
Please use this link instead:
Have a nice day!
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|Installation & Licensing|