Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Acad 2008 network licenses to Acad 2010 network licenses

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
deandavis
124 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrading Acad 2008 network licenses to Acad 2010 network licenses

I am in the process of upgrading our network licenses of AutoCAD 2008 to AutoCAD 2010.  We are a subscription customer and my question is this.  Will our network licenses for 2008 continue to work for our 2008 users as I start installing and authorizing our 2010 licenses.  I have 50 network licenses and I want to make sure that all our 2008 users are not negatively impacted while I deploy the 2010 installations.

Thanks,

Dean Davis

Cad Admininstrator

Chevron. Richmond Refinery

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: deandavis

It's strange you are upgrading to 2010 on the days leading up to 2013.  If your product is under Subscription for 2010, you should be autofulfulled to the latest version.  If you are upgrading your 2008 direct to 2010 legacy, then you should be able to combine your license files.  However, you will need to stop using 2008 after 120 days after your upgrade registered license file.  It's just an odd request to see a network update to old software three releases back.  Kind of throws a wrench into the mix. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
deandavis

Thanks for your response.  The reason for not moving to the newer version of AutoCAD is because our drawing management software viewing application doesn't support anything newer than AutoCAD 2010 at the present time.

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman

A number of our clients have the same restriction, but we still run 2011 (SP1 for 2012 wasn't release when we migrated).  We use TrueView to mass downsave the DWG files prior to returning them to the clients, with no complaints.  With everything "plain AutoCAD", then there won't be any issues with object enabler versions and the like.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report