Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
tsnell
373 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrading 2013 to 2014

Hello. At the company where I work they have AutoCAD Design Suites Standard and Premium. They also have 2013 Vault Basic on the server and the clients. The company wants to upgrade to 2014. When I download 2014 Design Suites, I have been told that each product will give me the option to import settings from previous releases. My question is what settings do they mean? I was not here when they installed 2013. Will it import the Vault settings, Vault user profiles, the working folder that was designated at the time of install, and the content libraries?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: tsnell

Generally speaking, it means, when you install the new product and the old product is installed, you get a nice little popup window asking if you want to migrate your custom settings over. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
tsnell
in reply to: TravisNave

I installed Product Design Suite 2014 as a test on one computer in the
company. When I first started Inventor, it did not give me the option to
import anything from 2013 even though 2013 Inventor is still installed on
the same computer. Any ideas? How would I tie Vault Basic 2013 to Inventor
2014?
Message 4 of 4
tsnell
in reply to: zituz

I have discovered that I do not have to worry about importing anything. The only problem I have is that Vault Basic 2013 add-in will not show up in Inventor 2014. I have been told by an Autodesk representative that Vault 2013 will not work with any CAD 2014 products, so I guess I don't have to worry about that either. Thanks to anyone who replied.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report