Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
214 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrade FlexLM

The NLG talks about a new install of FlexLM, but what about an upgrade? Can I install the R2005 FlexLM and have it just start using the lic file I already have there, to which I then add my R2005 licence info when I get it? Or do I need to backup the lic file, uninstall flexLM, and then install and config the new FlexLM? Best, Gordon
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Gordon, If you are only serving Autodesk licenses then I recommend the following procedure: Prior to starting the following steps, backup your entire license manager folder (just in case) 1- Use LMtools to stop the license manager 2- Uninstall the license manager 3- Install the new version in the same location as the old one 4- In LMtools make sure that the service is still configured, if it is not, configure it 5- Use LMtools to start the license manager If you are using FLEXlm to service multiple vendor's licenses then the procedure you will need to follow will depend on your configuration. In this case you should consult with the person who has implemented your licensing system. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:4071ee80_3@newsprd01... > The NLG talks about a new install of FlexLM, but what about an upgrade? Can > I install the R2005 FlexLM and have it just start using the lic file I > already have there, to which I then add my R2005 licence info when I get it? > Or do I need to backup the lic file, uninstall flexLM, and then install and > config the new FlexLM? > > Best, > Gordon > >
Message 3 of 4
patrick_aps

I did the following:
1) Stop the Services that have to do with FlexLM (AutoCAD Licensing)
2) Make a backup copy of adskflex.exe, lmtools.exe lmgrd.exe and lmutil.exe
3) Place the new versions of these files form the Acad2005 cd over the old versions. If you have FLexLM also for other vendors, be sure to use the most recent versions 9.2 everywhere. Download them from MacroVison.com.
4) use your old lic file, or the new, or merge them together, depending on what you want
5) start the services again.
Wordke fine over here, no reboot of the server needed.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I know this is an old thread, but THANK YOU! I managed to upgrade the LM in the middle of the afternoon using this technique, and no one ever knew. Thanks a ton. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2004&5+C3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report