Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating AutoCAD Network Installation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sjbrook
348 Views, 3 Replies

Updating AutoCAD Network Installation

I am adminstering a 3 seat network license on a Windows 2003 server, with an active contract/subscription,  supporting an installed base of AutoCAD 2010 users.  I want to upgrade them to 2013.  I cannot find any information clarifying whether or not I need to update the license file or the installed license server software (adskflex version).

I've also been wondering:

If I create an admin install for 2013 will it install on the clients as a separate version, upgrade the existing or wipe out the existing?

Can I use the existing AdminImage.ini as template for any aspect of a new admin install?

Any insights or links would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: sjbrook

1.  You need to update the server tools and the license file.  The license file will be backwards compatible from 2013-2010.  When you get your license file, you can check it using:

www.licenseparser.com

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/quick-start-tips-and-tricks-for-the-autodesk-netw...

2.  You can install 2013 and keep 2010 installed on the computer.  Please note the following about licensing....

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/general-licensing-subscription-suite-and-previous...

3.  The install framework looks very different.  You will need to install it and create a deployment as necessary.  i.e. 2010 UI is 'white' but 2013 UI is 'black'.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
sjbrook
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for the reply, it addresses many of my issues.  Of course good answers always lead to more questions. Smiley Wink

Will installing the updated Network License Manager overwrite (upgrade) the currently installed version?

How do I obtain an updated license file?  Do I just register the serial number again?

Please excuse any seeming obtuseness on my part.  I manage several dozen engineering tools license pools and I will say that some of Autodesk's processes are...less then straight forward at times.

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: sjbrook

Will installing the updated Network License Manager overwrite (upgrade) the currently installed version?

On 2003 Server and XP, it will over-write it.  If you are on Windows 7 or Server 2008 or higher, stop license service and unisntall then reinstall 11.10 server tools (Quick Start Blog post above).

How do I obtain an updated license file? Do I just register the serial number again?

Generate a new license file as noted in Quick Start Blog post above.

Please excuse any seeming obtuseness on my part. I manage several dozen engineering tools license pools and I will say that some of Autodesk's processes are...less then straight forward at times.

No problem.  The Quick Start Blog post even has a video of the licensing setup noted in step 3.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report