Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated System Requirements for Vault 2012 Server installation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RoyMcginn6744
258 Views, 1 Reply

Updated System Requirements for Vault 2012 Server installation

I am upgrading our CAD computers to Dell Precision boxes with Xeon processors running Windows 7 Pro x64. While installing Inventor suite 2012 I had an issue where it would not install Design Review 2012 because the Microsoft redistribute package 2010 failed to install. I discovered I had a newer version of the package already installed and the Autodesk install would not allow it to go forward.  So I installed design review 2013 which didn’t have the problem and went back to our USB stick to install Vault client 2012. That all worked.

Now I'm trying to install Vault client update 1 (haven't even gotten to update 2 yet) and it hangs with "Error 1328: Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTACAC.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor." There is no way to move forward.  You can retry (which obviously does no good) or Cancel which rolls back the update.

Ok patch vendor what do I do now?

Side note: this seems to be a common problem with Autodesk installations. They will not allow installations to continue if there is are newer support files already installed on a machine.  This is very problematic over the long run.

Roy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Update 30/11/2011

This issue should be addressed by ts18131263
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18212080&linkID=9261341

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report