Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall does not display Autodesk or other products

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mwaller
2320 Views, 3 Replies

Uninstall does not display Autodesk or other products

How does one uninstall software that does not display in the add/remove dialog box? Very few programs show up.

XP Version 5.1 SP3

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: mwaller

There maybe something wrong with your install or uninstall process. 

You can visit Microsoft websit and download the tool  Windows Install Clean Up, and then install the tool, use it to uninstall the product.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
mwaller

Thank you for the quick reply.

I found this on the Microsoft website:

Article ID: 290301 - Last Review: June 25, 2010 - Revision: 11.0

This article was previously published under Q290301

Notice<script type="text/javascript">// loadTOCNode(1, 'notice'); // </script>

This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product.

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The Fix it Solutions in this article provide the ability to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components.

This article covers Office versions 2003, 2007 and 2010. Additionally, there is an article that covers steps to manually remove Office 2007. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

971179  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179/ ) How do I uninstall the 2007 Office suites if I cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature?
I did find a Clean Up program at this website:
Do you know anything about it?
thanks,
Mat Waller
Message 4 of 4
emily.xu

You can find in attachment, change the file to .exe, then install and remove your application.

good luck.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report