Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall Autocad LT 2014 trial version

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1208 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to uninstall Autocad LT 2014 trial version

I installed a trial version on Autocad LT 2014 on a W7Pro laptop.  I installed the 32 bit version.  

I elected not to buy it and tried to uninstall from the Control Panel.  But that did not uninstall it. 

Then I tried to uninstall using an app called "uniinstall Tool" and told it to uninstall and remove all traces.  It did that and now Uninstall Tool finds no traces of Autocad Lt 2014.  But most or all of it is still there.  But will not run. Even after a few restarts. 

Then I tried the Autocat Lt 2014 Uninstall tool that is installed with the app and it no longer works.  I propbably should have tried that first but I didn't...

Now I am stuck with bits and pieces or all of Autocat Lt all over the place and can't seem to get rid of or run any of them...

Is there an "autocad removal tool" or something like that? 

Jack

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the suggestion. But I got an oops! page on that second link.
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Curses Autodesk!  I still need to change my macros to reflect the new support pages after the website change.  Really annoys me that they don't have smart redirects for that.  Grr... 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I accidentally clicked on the Success! button, we haven't really resolved this. 

But I think we;re done here for now. 

I did all of changes, edits, and deletions recommended at the "How to perform a clean uninstall of an Autodesk product" page and it did not really change anything.  I still had not Autodesk products available for uninstall in the Control Panel and when I ran the Autodesk Uninstall program from the Start menu I continued to get the Communication Failure error message and could go no further.  

I went the M$ Install/Uninstall Fixit utility and ran that.  It let me single out AutoCAD LT 2014 for uninstallation and them proceeded to run for two hours without accomplishing anything.  So I eventually used the Task Manager and ended the Fixit Utility.

I am now going to try to install the LT trial version again and see if I can install and then uninstall that using the Autodesk Uninstall program. 

I now know that using the Crystalidea Uninstall Tool app to uninstall an Autodesk app is not a good idea.  I have had such good luck with the Uninstall Tool for several years for uninstalling apps and cleaning up leftovers, that I sometimes use it before I go to the Control Panel or a provided Uninstall app. 

Jack

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Numerous attpemts to re-install the AutoCAD LT 2014 trial have failed.  I have started a new thread asking for help with the reinstall. 

This thread can be close...

Jack

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report