Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run AutoCAD 2011

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5066 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to run AutoCAD 2011

Hi, I just Installed AutoCAD 2011 Student Edition and I can't use it. Installed as administrator, and running as admin. but I keep getting an error every time I try to run the program. (Unable to run AutoCAD. This may be due to one of the following reasons: 1.this version of AutoCAD was not installed properly 2. you do not have suffencient rights to fun AutoCAD). I'm running the same windows /CAD version as the college I attend and they have no problems what so ever. perhaps I messed something up? I checked the install log and noticed some "fails", here they are:

MSI (c) (A0:84) [21:46:58:312]: Failed to grab execution mutex. System error 258.

MSI (s) (B8:2C) [21:46:58:562]: APPCOMPAT: no matching ProductCode found in database.

But I got "success" on all parts of the install.

2011/9/6:21:25:52 Adam BONEYARD === Setup started on BONEYARD by Adam ===

2011/9/6:21:39:35 Adam BONEYARD Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:40:22 Adam BONEYARD Install Autodesk Design Review 2011 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:43:11 Adam BONEYARD Install .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update KB958481 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:43:48 Adam BONEYARD Install .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 Update KB958483 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:44:21 Adam BONEYARD Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update KB958484 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:44:43 Adam BONEYARD Install DirectX 9.0 Runtime Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:44:51 Adam BONEYARD Install FARO LS 1.1.406.58 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:45:48 Adam BONEYARD Install Autodesk Material Library 2011 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:46:54 Adam BONEYARD Install Autodesk Material Library 2011 Base Image library Succeeded 2011/9/6:21:49:41 Adam BONEYARD Install AutoCAD 2011 Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:57:44 Adam BONEYARD Install AutoCAD 2011 Language Pack Succeeded

2011/9/6:21:59:57 Adam BONEYARD Install Autodesk Material Library 2011 Medium Image library Succeeded 2011/9/6:22:03:53 Adam BONEYARD === Setup ended ===

I'm at a loss, if anyone could help it would be great, thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Please try

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/net-framework-errors-and-windows-7-autodesk-2011-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
hashim.mundol

Did you manage to fix the issue ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I have the same problem but with AutoCAD P&ID 2011 running on Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit.

Message 5 of 9
hashim.mundol

Have you tried the suggested steps

Please post all the log files as a zip file identify the cause

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
Tariq.BIM
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hi Sir,

This is the third time im having problem as mentioned below i Installed AutoCAD 2011Architecture STUDENT EDITION today and previously i installed AUTOCAD 2011 Student Edition and I can't use it. Installed as administrator, and running as admin. but I keep getting an error every time I try to run the program. (Unable to run AutoCAD. This may be due to one of the following reasons: 1.this version of AutoCAD was not installed properly 2. you do not have suffencient rights to fun AutoCAD).

I red the previous discussion and the NET. fix technique wont work on my operating system because im using windows XP so kindly help me get out of this problem its been waste of time untill now for me. waiting and downloading. Please i will be very gratefull to you.

Tariq.

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Tariq.BIM

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 9
Tariq.BIM

Thankyou very much i hope what you are saying will work i pray. Thanks again

Message 9 of 9
commando6868

Right click Autocad 2011 Icon/Properties/Advanced Button/Check in Run as Administrator

Now. You can open Autocad 2011 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report