Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reinstall ACad LT 97 on different drive on same computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
262 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to reinstall ACad LT 97 on different drive on same computer

I have a situation where my backup Drive D is giving me intermittent problems. I have therefore uninstalled the ACad LT 97 from this drive and am trying to install it on Drive C of the same computer. The installation setup will not give me the option to install on Drive C. I have searched the Autodesk database, and found the following statement:

"Is it possible to change the installation folder when adding or removing features?

Once your product is installed, you cannot change the installation path from the Add/Remove Features page. Changing the path while adding features results in program corruption, so it is not an option."

Apparantly this has something to do with with the licence or registration information stored on my computer.

Short of replacing the defective Drive D, is there a way around this.

(I know it is an older product, but it works great, even on Windows XP)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

That statement you found is irrelevant (adding or removing features is that topic).

Better describe what kind of error, or error message you get when trying to install on your C: drive: the installer and Windows I am sure are providing you with information.

Or perhaps you just need to restart your PC?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am not getting an error message. It will reinstall on Drive D. I ran a registry cleanup and rebooted. It still wants to install on Drive D. There must be a file on Drive C that is directing the installation to Drive D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report