Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reinstall ACA-2011x86

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Yuri_Zhukovsky
690 Views, 6 Replies

Unable to reinstall ACA-2011x86

After crashing I couldn't uninstall ACA-2011 normally via Control Center. Therefore I purged manually all instances in system registry and directories on hard disk. Now setup fails with #208 error. What it's mean and what to do?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Have you cleaned the Windows Installer related registry keys ?

from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer

if you are not able to clean this manually, you might have to get some utility to do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7

Thank you, Hashim!

Your help was useful, I already reinstalled ACA-2011.

BUT!!! Why it's impossible to setup ANY Autodesk product OVER existing installation?

Like Windows in "Repair Mode"? I don't admire Windows but in most cases this feature helps to cure fallen OS.

Best regards!

Yuri Zhukovsky, engineer

Message 4 of 7

With Windows Installer (MSI technology) you have option of repairing the installation in the add/remove programs within control panel.

this applies to most Autodesk Applications.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7

Yes, I know. I mean emergency cases, f.e. disc crash, electricity blackout, Windows file system malfunctioning and so on. Then it's impossible neither uninstalling Autodesk products normally nor reinstall over... In my user opinion, Setup must be able wright over existing installation (of course, to ask previously).

Thanks for Your help.

Best wishes -

Yuri Zhukovsky, engineer

Message 6 of 7
svendb
in reply to: hashim.mundol

When you say: Have you "cleaned" the Windows installer registry keys, do you mean that all references to the software being reinstalled should be deleted?

Message 7 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: svendb

Yes from the Installer hive, this is where windows installer keeps the installed software information.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report