Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Autodesk Design Review 2012

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
nspengler
10345 Views, 12 Replies

Unable to install Autodesk Design Review 2012

Hallo,

I have a problem with the installation of Autodesk Design Review 2012 (newest download).

I recieve the error message "microsoft visual c++ 2008 SP1 redistributable is required to continue with the installation."

But this ist installed, also the Version 2005 and 2010 (newest downloads).

I also installed dotnet 3.5 an 4.0 but I still get the error.

I tested 3 different PC's.

Can you help me?

Greetings, Nico.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
whtank
in reply to: nspengler

Thank you for your question.

This is a known issue. We have logged it in Autodesk database. There are several versions of VC++ 2008 redistributables released by Microsoft. However,  Autodesk Design Review 2012 installer required a specific version but not all versions. 

You can install Autodesk Design Review 2012 through Autodesk official download page www.autodesk.com/designreview. That installer will help you install the specific version of VC redistributables.

Please let me know if this can be of help.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 13
dickesc
in reply to: whtank

Prior to the getting the Visual Studio 2010 C++ Runtime (0x2;Failed downloading component) error mentioned in this stream I receive "Awaiting an Internet connection to continue" message when attempting to install Design Review 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit PCs.  This occurs immediately after selecting "Next" on the "Thank you for downloading Autodesk Design Review 2012" page .   After a short time the C++ error is displayed with a "Check Internet Connection" message.  Screenshot is attached.

I have an internet connection (used to download the DesignReview install executable) and verified these messages aren't generated when installing Design Review 2010 successfully.  Could you provide insight into any differences between the installation executables for the two versions that would assist in diagnosing the issue?  Not clear why 2012 can't see the Internet connection while 2010 completes the install.

Regards,
Stan

Message 4 of 13
admin.it
in reply to: whtank

I am having the exact same problem deploying Design Review 2012 MSI using Group Policy.

whtank - can you tell us the exact, specific version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 this requires, and possibly provide a download link? That way I can deploy that to my users first to fix this problem?

Thankyou

Message 5 of 13
whtank
in reply to: admin.it

The VC++ 2008 version is x86 9.0.30729.4148

and you can download it from Microsoft website http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=11895

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 13
tjones

I was having this same problem.  I installed Visual C++ 2008 using the link provided and that got me past the first error.  I was then getting the same 0x2 error with the next component (Autodesk Design Review 2012).   I noticed in the SetupADR2012 log there was the message Initialize akamai failed.  I went into Programs and Features (Windows 7 64bit OS) and removed the Akamai Netsession Interface.  I then tried running the install again and it worked without issue (starting at the Autodesk Design Review 2012 component).  After install, I now have "Akamai Netsession Interface" and also "Akamai Netsession Interface Service".  When I was having the 0x2 issue, I only had one Akamai entry (the service entry was missing). 

Hope this helps someone else.  Fixed my problems!

Trev

Message 7 of 13
samcon
in reply to: tjones

Good Job Trev. Fixed my issues as well. Funny how Autodesk had no clue about that one... Alain.

Message 8 of 13
wonwood
in reply to: tjones

Thanks tjones.  I have been fighting this problem for four hours.  I removed the Akami Net Interface and it started downloand fine.

Message 9 of 13
ean.carroll

Having this exact same issue for Design Review 2013. I have downloaded the C++ redist which got me past the first error, downloaded the .Net4 which got me past the 2nd but can now get no further. Each error in turn is 0x2 : Failed downloading component with the error above that "Please check your internet connection and try again."

I have tried this on several machines and no luck, all of our machines are fully up to date (Windows Update). Any advice on this would be gratfully received.

Message 10 of 13
toddw.schuler

I understand the fix: Download the Microsoft Visual C**2010 SP1 Redistributable to your machine. The problem I have is woking with a supplier who is not allowed to download programs from the internet.  I copied an installation of the Design Review program to a CD so it could be installed there. Now what do I tell him to do to fix this?  Send another CD?

Message 11 of 13
m_latz
in reply to: toddw.schuler

Before the Design Review 2012 installer starts the installation the "install conditions" were checked. What you can do is add the required keys to the registry so that the installer thinks the runtimes were installed.

8-30-2013 4-31-47 PM.png

You can create a .reg file to add the necesarry entries.

Remember that the ADR installer is a 32-bit installer, so all entries are for 32-bit.

Markus

Message 12 of 13

Thanks, that sounds like a good option, what is the best way to determine the required keys?

Todd S.
Design and Drafting Supervisor
Energizer Battery Manufacturing
Phone 440-835-7876

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, retain, or copy this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this email in error please delete and notify the sender.
Message 13 of 13
m_latz
in reply to: toddw.schuler

If you try to install with setup.exe you see in the log files which VC runtime fails. And if you are sure, that you have i.e. a higher VC2008 runtime installed, then you can temporarily add one of the keys to the registry.

Then this check during the installation process is TRUE

On the screen shot the right column says for which runtime the regkey is.

You can send me your install log file from the %temp% folder, than I can take a look.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report