Okay, so we're trying to install AutoCAD LT 2012 on Windows 7 x64 and it systematically gives out the following error message:
1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 2
- The install has been attempted more than once, on more than one machine (both physical and virtual)
- The installation works correctly on Windows XP 32.
- Same error message wheter i copy the CD on the computer, install from the CD, from network copy or from a deployment package (local or SMS).
I've browsed the forum and googled around and found the following fixes, all unsuccesfull:
- remove all other autodesk software: done, no success.
- clean the registry of all autodesk traces: done, no success
- delete the ProductInformation.pit file from the computer: no file present, so no success.
- Use a packaged deployment: done, no success.
I also tried to do an installation while including OR NOT the SP1 to no avail.
I currently have a whole engineering department (25+ people) unable to migrate to Windows 7 since we cannot deploy.
As stated in the first post, I already googled around and found your two links in the forum.
- There is no ProductInformation.PIT files on my computer, either in the posted location or anywhere else (found by way of a dir /s /a *.PIT: no files founds).
- I already removed all other Autodesk product from the computer. It does the same error even from a brand new machine,
Any other tips ?
Install as Administrator.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|Installation & Licensing|