Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install 3DS Max 2014 student

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Lukimoo
1053 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to install 3DS Max 2014 student

Hello,

I'm using Autodesk 3DS Max 2014 student on Windows 8 (64bit). Recently I ran into some troubles, so I decided to completely reinstall the 3DS. But, when I try to install it again, the installer tells me, that 3DS is allready installed on my computer, and it only allows me to install some additional software.

I followed the step by step guide on removing all autodesk software from my computer (manualy uninstalling all of autodesk software, clearing temp and registry files, etc.) but it didn't help.

Do you have any advice for me ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: Lukimoo

Hi

Welcome to Autodesk Community!

You want to install the product, but was told it was already installed, this is normally because there are some files or registry remained in your machine, I suggest you try the Microsoft fixit to clean your machine, and then reinstall.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
Lukimoo
in reply to: emily.xu

Thanks for your response, but I've allready done that.

This is exactly what I did, step by step:

- I uninstalled the Autodesk 3DS Max from Control Panel -> Programs and Featured

- re-booted the PC

- I tried to install the 3DS Max again, but the installer told me, that it's allready installed

- I uninstalled all of autodesk software from my PC

- I cleared all Temporary files and registry files, I also deleted all registry files related to Autodesk

- re-booted the PC again and cleared the temp. files and registry once more

- tried to install the 3DS Max, with the same result as before

EDIT: I ran the Microsoft Fixit and it found 3DS Max still installed on my PC, but I got stuck in "Program install and uninstall troubleshooter" window. It says: Attempting to resolve problems with Autodesk 3DS Max, and just keeps runing. It's been like this for maybe 30 minutes with no difference.

EDIT 2: Fixit finished working and reported the issue being solved, I ran the installer and it seems to be working now.

Message 4 of 4
mrahmany
in reply to: Lukimoo

Hi Lukimoo

I think I am having same issue as you were having a while ago, however on the fixit page there are hundreds of option, I am puzzled by them.

Could you please tell me which file exactly you downloaded to resovel the issue

Many Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report