Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate license - AutoCad Standard 2012

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 5 of 10
nautic.it
647 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to activate license - AutoCad Standard 2012

Hi

I wanted to transfer a license for an end user from desktop to laptop. I had uninstalled all the programs related to autodesk on the desktop.

Note: LTU export failed

When I installed at the laptop end, I received the error message that "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)"

Please assist and advice.

Thanks!

Tung Lieng

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nautic.it
in reply to: nautic.it

Hi

I wanted to transfer a license for an end user from desktop to laptop. I had uninstalled all the programs related to autodesk on the desktop.

When I installed at the laptop end, I received the error message that "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)"

Thanks!

Tung Lieng

Merged thread from AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012 by
Discussion_Admin

Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain

Sounds a lot like the S/N has been upgraded at some point. 

You might also try posting this in the Installation and Licensing forum.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
justshutup

@nautic.it wrote:

Hi

Thanks!

Tung Lieng

Call your reseller.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

1. You should not have removed the software from the old PC until everything was working on the new PC.
2. Can you simply install AutoCAD 2012 on the laptop, enter the serial number, then Authorize it like you did back in the day on the desktop?
3. To find self-service solutions or reach Autodesk via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.
Message 6 of 10
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Tung Lieng,

Is this a Student License or a Commercial License? Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number so I can check on it. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 10
nautic.it
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

It is a Commercial License. I had PM you my serial number.

Thanks!
Nautic IT
Message 8 of 10
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Tung Lieng,

Yes I got your PM. The Serial Number you provided has been Upgraded to its 2013 version, thus, the error when you tried to activate it online. I replied via PM your 2013 Serial Number.

Once you have downloaded the 2013 version (download links in my PM), it willl automatically take you to the Activation wizard. Just input the correct License details and it should be good to go. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 9 of 10
nautic.it
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi Joane, my end user does not have time to pass me the laptop to try out the 2013. I will update as soon as possible. Thanks!
Message 10 of 10
nautic.it

Thanks for the help! It works perfectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report