Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Maya 2014 error 110

59 REPLIES 59
SOLVED
Message 1 of 60
ohad111
48212 Views, 59 Replies

Unable to activate Maya 2014 error 110

hello everyone

i have just upgraded to maya 2014 and im unable to activate it.

Installation runs without any problems then when i start maya i see the activation screen and as soon as i click activation i receive a licensing error code 110

when i click ok i get this dump

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2014 (657F1 2014.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

i am using Osx 10.9

59 REPLIES 59
Message 41 of 60
jessica.t
in reply to: maxmottID

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, Max!

Sorry for your activation troubles, although you have already installed Service Pack 3, will you try the other troubleshooting steps in this solution?

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 42 of 60

It's still jumping. Nothing happens.
Message 43 of 60
marcio_muniz
in reply to: ohad111

Hello, could you tell the step by step commands to run in Terminal, I have the same activation problem and do not know well uasr Terminal. Thank you.

Message 44 of 60
marcio_muniz
in reply to: aaronhai

Hello, could you tell the step by step commands to run in Terminal, I have the same activation problem and do not know well uasr Terminal. Thank you.

Message 45 of 60
marcio_muniz

Message 46 of 60
maxmottID
in reply to: NymphRedil12

amir, I like a person previous to me, had to do it two full times. It worked.
Message 47 of 60
maxmottID
in reply to: marcio_muniz

Regarding the terminal: I am new to this as well but it worked for me. Just had to do it a number of times. Remember, the terminal deletes files that can be deleted manually, if you know where they are (I forgot how to do it- but I did this manually).

But for those that want to do it by terminal... just open the terminal and type the one command in the solution and press enter...done.  Nothing to it.  It deletes some files.

Message 48 of 60
mogworks
in reply to: azatelli

Thanks azatelli - this worked for Maya LT 2014. Here is the link to SP1 if anyone with the same problem needs it:

Maya LT SP1

Despite you mentioning this back in December, Autodesk still have not updated the link. I have just lost a days worth of work messing around hacking and deleting files trying to fix this problem - something I know nothing about and it turns out Autodesk just haven't updated a link. Frustrating!

Message 49 of 60
pendean
Message 50 of 60
shakiro214
in reply to: pendean

Ran into this problem recently on Mavericks.  I have a student's license.

1. opened the Maya Terminal.term tool found in the Maya directory.  this will open a terminal shell.

2. entered the following commands where <Product Key> is your 5-digit product key: 

"adlmreg –u S <Product Key> 2014.0.0.F"

"adlmreg –u N <Product Key> 2014.0.0.F"

3. moved the Maya 2014 directory into the trash.. it's still there since I didn't empty it.

4. Downloaded and installed SP3 from: 

http://beehive.autodesk.com/community/service/rest/helpportal/resource/helpportalchannel/docnlink/js...

note: The installation already knew my license and product key so i just left it in there and hit next until the install completed.  

5. Started Maya and saw that it automatically went to validate my license.  Success!

Message 51 of 60
alexandrameza941
in reply to: ase37

Same here! I can't install Maya 2014 Student on my Macbook Air. Any ideas?

Message 52 of 60
slampants
in reply to: grace.liu

grace.liu's link(s) worked for me!

Message 53 of 60
MaruOnea

I only got

Pit file removed. 

But no prompt on re-activation of product key..

Help please!

Message 54 of 60
david.lau
in reply to: MaruOnea
Message 55 of 60
meggie101
in reply to: david.lau

thank you for the help! it worked well! Woman Happy

Message 56 of 60
willsonrose

Because of various reasons Mac speed gets affected and cause various problems. Junk files, large amount of data on a single drive, malicious files are common cause of slow speed of Mac. To get rid of this situation you need to use MAc Data Recovery which recovers lost files and speed up Mac performance very easily. If you are getting Unable to activate Maya 2014 error 110 error it means Mac device has got some problem which needs to solve.

http://www.restoremacdata.com

Message 57 of 60
deser0nt0

I downloaded the student version of 2014 and keep getting the error message when I try to activate it.

I'm running the Mac OS X Yosemite beta 10.10 and Time Machine is not turned on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to start using Maya for class assignments soon.

Message 58 of 60
jessica.t
in reply to: deser0nt0

Hi @deser0nt0 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you try @david.lau's solution as marked above? What was the result? Did you see any changes? Please let us know!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 59 of 60
mlburt

what if you never set up time machine and it still has error 110, error on install exit, and wont let unistall because two asian languges are being used
Message 60 of 60
david.lau
in reply to: mlburt

You must change your language to USA English.  Then 'delete' Maya.

All the instructions are noted here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/maya-2014-on-mac-109-mavericks-error-110-when-act...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report