Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install ACAD 2012

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
pscheu
9288 Views, 33 Replies

Unable to Install ACAD 2012

As I attempt to install a stand alone copy of ACAD 2012 for 64 bit on a single machine from the DVD disc, I get an "Internal Error 2723" message at "step 5 of 7" and the installation aborts. I do get past entering the serial number and product key, so that's not an issue. Running Vista Business 64 bit SP2. I've attached the Setup log for reference. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
TravisNave
in reply to: pscheu

Copy the disc to your hard drive and install from there and see if you get the same error. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 34
DarrenP

try to install .net 4 manually: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16436702&linkID=9240817&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 34
pscheu

Thanks TravisNave and DarrenP. Unfortunately I tried both (installing .NET 4 first then trying the installation from the hard drive), but got the same result (Internal Error 2738). Pretty frustrating.

Message 5 of 34
frhervet

Hi,

see this :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9243099&id=7289987&siteID=123112

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 34
pscheu

Thanks. The page you directed me to is for Revit, and the link from there to the Windows Script is for Windows XP. My issue is with AutoCAD 2012 with Vista Business 64 Bit. I tried the propsed solution anyway, but it the script would not load - I assume beause the OS is different.

BTW - Autodesk'sSubscrition Support suggested I perform a clean install per http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218 with most Windows services turned off (essentially in Vista's equivalent of "Safe Mode"), and that didn't work either. In fact, during the clean install, a Windows dialog box came up indicating that there was a file was in use and should be closed. That “file” was Windows Explorer, which I assume is a pretty basic service. I tried both options presented by the dialog box – close the file and continue, or not closing the file where a reboot would have been required. The result was the same in both cases – “Error 2738” occurred, and the installation aborted at “Step 5 of 7”.

Grrrrrrr.....

Message 7 of 34
TravisNave

Maybe you have a bad disc?  Could try the download version and see if it is any different with the results. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 34
FranzPlötzl8918

we also can not install autocad architekt 2012 win7x64 - error 2738.

we also tried to install the net4framwork before installing acad - same error.

on an second computer - win7x64 - the same problems.

Message 9 of 34

Then the problem is specific to the configuration of that machine.

This error 2738 indicates a custom action is trying to run on a system, but that it is unable to execute script code. For one reason or another the scripting service is not running correctly and thus the install is failing. To possibly resolve this, download and install the latest Windows Scripting Host release available at MSDN online.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 34
pscheu

Thanks, TravisNave. Tried that, and it didn't work either. Still haven't heard back from AutoDesk...

Message 11 of 34
avto

The issue here probably relates to the VBScript engine registration.

1.open DOS command line as administrator:
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
2.run following command:
 reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f
3.then run the command below:
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll
4.start installing ACAD 2012 from the installation media

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 34
FranzPlötzl8918
in reply to: avto

thanks.

the good old command prompt.

installation acad architecture 2012 ok!

Message 13 of 34

I have the same problem, but the key dont exist.

I found the Key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but but i haven't permissions to do something (as Administrator too)

screenshot attached.

Message 14 of 34
avto
in reply to: stefan.hofer

If you do not have that key under HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID, then open the command prompt as admin and run the command below.

c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

and start installing ACAD 2012.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 34
stefan.hofer
in reply to: avto

Yes, i did, but this dont help...

I select Autocad only - the install start until 3/7 left, and then back to 4/7 -> 5/7, and abort.

best install progress is attached, and  a screenshot with System informations.

Message 16 of 34
priyam121

Hi,

I am unable to install Autocad LT 2012 silently.

Could anyone be able to help on this.

Message 17 of 34
alison.gangler

Hi,

Since you've verified that the issue is not due to the WSH, please try the suggestion at:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-error-2738-Could-not-access-VBScript-ru...

This might help.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 34
stefan.hofer
Message 19 of 34
JTWrenn

I am running into this same issue, but am having no luck following all of the options.  I have tried the following so far.

Reregistered the vbscrip.dll as well as attempted to delete the reg key (it was not present)

I have uninstalled .net and let the installation install it

I have copied the contents of the DVD to the hard drive and installed from there.

I have done all of this with administrative rights, and done the command prompt work from an administrator command prompt and so far I get the same error every time.  Here is a post from the Log.

2011/8/4:10:01:16 Caroline CAROLINE-PC === Setup started on CAROLINE-PC by Caroline ===
2011/8/4:10:01:16 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Launch
2011/8/4:10:01:56 Caroline CAROLINE-PC === Setup ended ===

2011/8/4:10:01:16 Caroline CAROLINE-PC === Setup started on CAROLINE-PC by Caroline ===
2011/8/4:10:01:16 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Launch
2011/8/4:10:01:58 Caroline CAROLINE-PC PageOpen LaunchDialog  
2011/8/4:10:02:15 Caroline CAROLINE-PC PageOpen LicenseDialog  
2011/8/4:10:02:19 Caroline CAROLINE-PC PageOpen ProductInfoDialog  
2011/8/4:10:02:31 Caroline CAROLINE-PC PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2  
2011/8/4:10:02:34 Caroline CAROLINE-PC PageOpen FullProgressDialog  
2011/8/4:10:02:34 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Installing .NET Framework Runtime 4.0: C:\Users\Caroline\Desktop\AutoCad Disk\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /q
2011/8/4:10:06:54 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Install .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Succeeded 
2011/8/4:10:06:54 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Installing DirectX Runtime: C:\Users\Caroline\Desktop\AutoCad Disk\3rdParty\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe /silent
2011/8/4:10:07:39 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Install DirectX Runtime Succeeded 
2011/8/4:10:07:39 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Installing Autodesk Material Library 2012:   ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Users\Caroline\Desktop\AutoCad Disk\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2011/8/4:10:07:52 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Install Autodesk Material Library 2012 Succeeded 
2011/8/4:10:07:52 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Installing Autodesk Material Library 2012 - Low Resolution:   ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Users\Caroline\Desktop\AutoCad Disk\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2011/8/4:10:09:19 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Install Autodesk Material Library 2012 - Low Resolution Succeeded 
2011/8/4:10:09:20 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Installing AutoCAD® 2012:  TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\Caroline\Desktop\AutoCad Disk\x64\en-us\acad\acad.mst;C:\Users\Caroline\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIE1F5.tmp\x64\acad\acad-standalone.mst" MSINEWINSTANCE=1 ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Users\Caroline\Desktop\AutoCad Disk\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2011/8/4:10:18:13 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Install AutoCAD® 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2011/8/4:10:18:41 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2012 - Low Resolution Succeeded 
2011/8/4:10:19:10 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2012 Succeeded 
2011/8/4:10:19:10 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Rollback DirectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619
2011/8/4:10:19:10 Caroline CAROLINE-PC Rollback .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1619

Hope someone can help on this, the problem seems to be system specific, but I just can't find an answer.

Message 20 of 34
alison.gangler
in reply to: JTWrenn

Hi,

If you are able to upload the AutoCAD 2012 Install log, not the setup.log, I will be happy to analyze it for you.

Thank you,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report