Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
compumster
828 Views, 5 Replies

Unable To Install

Good afternoon.

It appears that I'm having a problem with installing autodesk inventor. After the initial download period, I unzipped the installer and everything progressed normally. I then it up, and got to the point where it asked me for the serial number and product key. I did so and had no problems. It asked me which version of auto desk I wanted to install, and I chose the only available option: 2012 Proffesional Eddition. After being prompted to chose what elements to install, and choosing all of them, I clicked "Install" and that is when things went wrong. It flashed an instalation screen at me for a brief moment, depicted in picture one, and then promptly presented me with the screen shown in picture 2. I've also included the log file i was presented with after all was said and done.

Help?

Autodesk Image 1

Autodesk Image 2

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: compumster

You are failing on a prerequisite install:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

You can download this file direct from Microsoft at the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5555

Once installed successfully, reboot and run the Autodesk installer again.  Make sure you are installing with local Admin rights with UAC and anti-virus disabled.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
compumster
in reply to: TravisNave

Autodesk Stuff.JPG

Now what?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Probably why it is failing.  Strange because usually the installer skips if a prerequisite is already installed.  You could simply uninstall it and have the Autodesk software reinstall it.  Then just go get the updates again via Windows Update.  Probably the easiest thing to do...

Otherwise you can edit the .ini file to skip the prerequisite install for this.  Kind of advanced, but it works.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
compumster
in reply to: TravisNave

It seems that did the trick. Thank you for the help.

Message 6 of 6
baran_gulcan

I have the same kınd of problem ı guess. It looks lıke thıs;

2011/11/24:21:57:39 Baran HACER === Setup started on HACER by Baran === 2011/11/24:21:57:41 Baran HACER === Setup started on HACER by Baran === 2011/11/24:21:57:48 Baran HACER === Setup ended ===

2011/11/24:22:03:45 Baran HACER Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603 2011/11/24:22:08:32 Baran HACER === Setup ended ===

2011/11/24:22:12:04 Baran HACER === Setup started on HACER by Baran === 2011/11/24:22:12:05 Baran HACER === Setup started on HACER by Baran === 2011/11/24:22:12:10 Baran HACER === Setup ended ===

2011/11/24:22:13:44 Baran HACER Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603 2011/11/24:22:24:58 Baran HACER === Setup ended ===

I did the first thing that you said but can't understand uninstalling part. Could you please explane bit simpler.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report