Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Suite and one license.....multiple programs...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hockley91
222 Views, 3 Replies

Ultimate Suite and one license.....multiple programs...

I believe our office was under the impression that one license would allow us to use the software on any machine.  This is true to a certain point.  If one our machines is using Revit Architecture, then no one else may use ANY of the other software that we spent $$$ on.

For example, If I am using Revit Architecture, then no one else can use Revit Structure, MEP, Autocad, Showcase, Quantity Take Off, Navisworks, etc.   That makes no sense to me regarding the license.  I would understand it, if I am on Revit Architecture then no one else can use Revit Architecture.  That would make perfect sense.  The other software should remain open however.  If we can only use one software at a time, then the price should be lower. 

Yes, I know....this is a good deal vs. getting the products individually....but we don't really need Revit Structure, MEP, Autocad....all we really needed was Navisworks and Revit, Showcase and QTO.

Has Autodesk thought about a custom user package per license?  I think people would go for that.  If they were able to get multiple software on one license, but with an a la carte menu.  That would be a wonderful sales model and would cater more to your loyal consumers.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: hockley91

Hi Hockley,

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback. I will be passing your comments on to the appropriate parties for review and or potential changes. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional suggestions or positive criticism down the road as well.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: philip.s

the price is already lower they could have easily charged the 40 grand instead of 12 grand for the ultimate suite

thats how licensing has always worked

but that is a good idea

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
hockley91
in reply to: DarrenP

I think we were more dissapointed about it more than anything else.  It was not what we were expecting and we did not see any documentation stating the issue with one license in a Building Suite.  It may have been clearly stated, but we may have overlooked it.

In the end though, we are satisfied with the software though.  It's just been a bit stressful on some projects where I need to be in Revit and an Interiors person needs to be in Showcase and another person is doing Quantity Takeoff's...we all have deadlines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report