Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER PROFILE ON NETWORK

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deauville
196 Views, 2 Replies

USER PROFILE ON NETWORK

Hello,

I have a question concerning the usage of AutoCAD in a network environment.
Our goal is for all our users to be able to log on from any workstation, and find their personal profile when they launch AutoCAD. To achieve that, we have to find the path where the system stores the user profile by default (locally in “documents and settings”) and modify this path to the Windows user profile stored on the server. Is that possible?.
Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Dumortier Serge
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: deauville

It will work if you do it right, however Roaming Profiles is NOT supported by Autodesk and installing in such an environment could be against the EULA in some cases.

Some verticals of AutoCAD, such as Autodesk Land Desktop break completely with Roaming Profiles.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
mike.johnson
in reply to: deauville

Using the command switches has seemed to be very stable for me, I have put all the profile info on a network drive for each user and each app - Acad 2006, Ldd and civil 3d. The only paths you need to keep local are the caching paths like temp and xref temp. I did nto do this with windows though, I mearly copied all the document setting\acad.... info to a network drive and changed the ARG file in Acad. Also, gig cards and switchs are helpful. I have done this on a Novell server with not problems so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report