Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two separate AutoCAD 2009 serial numbers with two separate network deployments

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
334 Views, 1 Reply

Two separate AutoCAD 2009 serial numbers with two separate network deployments

Hi there, listen, I have a single server where I have the license of two diferent serial numbers of AutoCAD 2009 both of them have 2 sites, each one has its own deployment, each one is for a separate business project, and I use Deployment A to install the clients for the business project A and so for the project B, but my question is how can I be sure that if I install 5 clients of the deployment A let me use only 2 sites at the same time, leaving the other 2 sites of the deployment B for the other 3 clients of the project B.

I need to be sure that both deployments use only 2 sites for its own serial number...

Thanks a lot...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Okay,well first of all the license manager doesn't care about the serial number installed. So making two deployments was a bit extra work for you.

As for separating the licenses so that one group can access only their 2 licenses and the other group can access only their two license, you need to set up an adskflex.opt options file. Make a GROUP then set each user to that group and give each GROUP a MAX license of 2. That should do ya.

The Options file is Chapter 5 of your user guide. Should be in the \Docs folder in your License Manager root.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report