Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to reinstall Revit 2014, says it's already installed and won't let me.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lilkitkat80
4905 Views, 6 Replies

Trying to reinstall Revit 2014, says it's already installed and won't let me.

I was having trouble installing all of the Autodesk programs on the flash drive.  They all failed installation, except Revit left an icon that didn't do anything.

I looked at the requirements and realized I needed the latest version of Internet Explorer.  So I installed that, and then reinstalled several of my most used AutoDesk programs, and they all worked, exept Revit.

I went through the add/remove programs box, the registry, and the program files folder and deleted everything with Revit 2014.  Restarted the computer many times.  But the setup.exe dialog box still says it's on my computer and won't let me reinstall or repair it.  What else can I do??

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lilkitkat80
in reply to: lilkitkat80

Fixed it!  I found an Uninstall Tool in the AutoDesk folder in the Start Menu.  I used that and it cleared Revit so I could install it again. Cat Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
renny_chan22

THANK GOD YOU FOUND THE SOLUTION YOURSELF and now I faced the same problem and you saved my life !

Message 4 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: renny_chan22

I wanted to add that we also recommend running Microsoft Fix-it if you happen to find yourself in a situation where Windows will not let you install as the OS thinks the software is already present.

Message 5 of 7
giff

You just saved my computer from being thrown through the window. I wish I read this 2 hours ago.
Message 6 of 7
lyang1

OMG, YOU SAVED MY LIFE, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I ALMOST REINSTALLED MY WHOLE SYSTEM...
Message 7 of 7
jbliss

Thanks so much for posting the answer. I ran into thsi today and you ahve given me the direction to go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report