Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to reinstall 3ds Max 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
candorisneat
990 Views, 4 Replies

Trying to reinstall 3ds Max 2014

HELP!!

I am a teacher who is still very new to this whole world. I operate on a Macbook Pro and used Boot Camp to intall 3ds Max 2014. Something happened when I went to open it the first time and it seemed really buggy. It popped up two different error messages, but then would finally start up. I was concerned because I didn't want to spend a ton of time on a project and then not have it run. So I tried to uninstall 3ds Max and then reinstall. I have now tried 5 times. I have run everything that I know of to completely clear it out, and when I search the harddrive I don't find any remnants. But when I go to reinstall, the Autodesk installer says that 3ds Max is already installed and only loads Backburner, teaching videos, etc. I've spent two days on this now and really would appreciate some expert help.

I just want to reinstall. How do I do that successfully?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: candorisneat

try Microsoft Fix It

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
candorisneat
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks, tried that, but got a error message that said that "Sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."

Any other suggestions.

Message 4 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: candorisneat

Hi there and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I found another link from the Microsoft website that I think you may find helpful.

Let us know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
candorisneat
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks for your reply. But that really didn't speak to my issue. I'm just trying to uninstall a bad version of 3ds Max 2014 and reinstall. But the resinstall thinks that the program is still there, even though I can't find any traces. Fix-it was my attempt at uninstalling. That thread referred to XP, I have 8.1.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report