Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try download from Website all I get is BLANK PAGE

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
hyperlink5
4516 Views, 37 Replies

Try download from Website all I get is BLANK PAGE

I siged up for a student account to get autocad for a class I am taking and I activated it and everything.

I go from autodesk.com -> student communities page -> click free downloads then click autocad and download and the site asks for my log on info. I enter it into the site and all it gives me is a blank page. It refuses to open anything. If I click the back button it says I am already logged in I followed the link and it takes me to another blank page. What am I doing wrong?

Help would be appreciated

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38

I also had this issue with a school and non-email adress. I also tried different versions of different browsers and OS's to no avail. However trying a gmail adress and using the facebook connect I am now finally downloading the student version. Thanks!

Message 22 of 38
jlafave
in reply to: trevorandrewmyers

Success!  I too just tried creating an account on student autodesk using a gmail e-mail address and facebook as my form of verification.  The download is finally working and I no longer have the blank white screen!  Try this approach if you too are still having trouble!!!

Message 23 of 38
flerbb
in reply to: jlafave

No , same old same old using that gmail method.

Well  I'm far too lazy for  all that  'contact us' button caper, so  perhaps I'll  just report one of you  for 'inappropriate content' simply  to catch the moderators eye?

There again, I think I'll  go back to bed until  someone here less idle than me fixes everything, like normally happens.

Message 24 of 38
ryre0115007
in reply to: hyperlink5

I get the same problem

Message 25 of 38
dgeorgiev

Yeah, I really need this for a class (I'm willing to bet we're all from the same school, those of us that are having this issue now, actually). I've tried from Windows, from Mac, from Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, everything. Nothing. I just get this half-loaded overlay of the white bar and a "close" button. That's it. I've attached a screenshot of this. I do not want to fail this because I can't get my work done.

Message 26 of 38
amooney

I have contacted Autodesk via the web form so hopefully we will get some information about this issue soon. I have asked them to update this page when the issue has been resolved. Finger crossed.

Message 27 of 38
marcel-ri
in reply to: amooney

Did you get any reply from the autodesk team?

Message 28 of 38
amooney
in reply to: marcel-ri

I didn't get a response to the email I sent but it did start working, so I can only assume that someone looked in to it.
Message 29 of 38
cray120221
in reply to: amooney

And now it's craping out again I'm getting a full blank page as soon as I log in. I'm glad I'm not he only one but, I'm kind of disappointed that this is happening with them.

Message 30 of 38

A year later... and the problem still here.

Tried all the browsers, wonder if it's because I'm trying to download very early Monday morning in the UK and the Autodesk servers are offline for wekeend maintenance US time?

Message 31 of 38
bgabrus

same here. Autodesk does not give a ...

Message 32 of 38
camilo.lemos
in reply to: bgabrus

Hi everyone.

We apologize for this issue. Our Education Community team is working hard to have the downloads section back up as soon as possible. 

For the moment, you can download the free software from the Student Community page on Facebook by clicking on Software and Support. Another option, if you don't have a Facebook account, is to download the 1-month free trial from our website. Just type in "[product name] trial" on the search bar and you should have no problem finding the download.

We'll keep you guys posted via this blog post!

Camilo Lemos

Message 33 of 38
andy

Is that a PR stunt, or do you actually care about sorting out a major issue which has existed for well over a year?

Message 34 of 38
mbworldproducer

Camilo,

Thank you for your prompt response, I plan to go for the trial copies tomorrow and hope you are able to fix the issue soon.

Message 35 of 38
camilo.lemos
in reply to: andy

Hi andy, 

This is most definitely not a "PR stunt". The downloads page is down, we are aware and acknowledge that. We have different teams working on restoring the service and are letting the members of the community know that steps are being taken to fix this issue. 

Hang in there. We are on it and will keep you all posted via our support blog.

Camilo Lemos

Message 36 of 38
philip.s
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Closing the loop with a status update that full access has been restored to the Education Community download page. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Message 37 of 38
mbworldproducer

Tuesday, morning and it appears to be working fine now.

Thanks!

Message 38 of 38

I am also having the same issue not solution yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report