Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueView 2011 on Windows 7

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dcb76
809 Views, 1 Reply

TrueView 2011 on Windows 7

I'm installing Trueview 2011 on Windows 7, and it's reporting that the DirectX 9 Runtime is needed. DirectX 11 is standard in Win7, and DX is usually backward compatible with most applications.

I realize that the installer will take care of that and that the source files are in the support folder, but in the interest of  installing to multiple computers, is there a way to suppress that? Or is there really some need for DX9 and 11 to be installed concurrently?  Thx.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: dcb76

There are some custom libs in there so you will need to run the directx 9c setup from the install folder

usually dxsetup /silent seem to work for silent installation of directx 9c (from the installation source of trueview)

for the other parts of silent installation, there are some pointers on Design review 2011. (Some of this should work trueview 2011 too.)

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/adr2011_install_guide.htm

Sorry there no specific instruction on trueview silent install.

there are some forum posts , blogs regarding this online.

If you come across any specific issues please post the log and we can try to help out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report