Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True view 2015 Installation problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
316 Views, 4 Replies

True view 2015 Installation problem

I am trying to install an Autodesk True View 2015. I usedn to be a regular user of CAD software but now only ocasionally I open old files. So, I am only installing True View software. Everytime there is an issue. My system is a Windows 7 64 bits SP1. Installation hangs when installing Direct X runtime. Never progress and hard to cancel. I have tryed to stop this a couple of times and the left overs are bad. Reboot is necessary. I have checked DXERROR logs and it seems Autodesk is trying to install DX 9 when W7 comes with DX 11. Why does it has to install anything but Autodesk software itself ? How do I overcome this ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Using tips indicated I could install DX 9C. However, Autodesk installer has its own way to install it. It does it all again but fail to progress. Hangs up. Wish I had my old Viewer source.

Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can try using Navisworks Freedom?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/02/autodesk-design-review-2013-alternatives.html

Also, when downloading Trueview, is is a browser download?

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Guys,

The problem is not always what we expected. The registry was clean but the software did not installed again, hanging in the Dx installation. All of a sudden came to my mind a hint that worked. Just used standard Windows compatibility test and it worked. Matching XP SP2, worked fine. Did not hanged as it did not installed DX 9 and went through.

Now, Autodesk software writers, please, make it simple. Just write what is supposed to do: open dwg docs. Do not try to do otheres stuff as including 3rd party software, etc, etc. Test if it is there, if not ask to download and if it should install or not. Do not think for others. Market is dinamic and when you finish doing something is already outdated. Use KISS all the time. Your software is heavy, close to a gig. Just a thought.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report