Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles installing Product Design Suite Premium 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sdolinsky
700 Views, 5 Replies

Troubles installing Product Design Suite Premium 2012

When I start the set up (Setup.exe) the initialization begins and I immediately get an error which reads "The system cannot open the device or file specified",,,please let me know if you may have a proposed solution.

Best Regards,

Scott Dolinsky

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hashim.mundol
in reply to: sdolinsky

Please post all the log files from the %temp% folder.(as zipped)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
sdolinsky

The "Can't Open" folder consists of the 2 files that the Setup cannot open.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
hashim.mundol

Please try to copy the media content locally to the disk and then try to run the setup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
sdolinsky
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I have already tried that, and no it does not work. The same errors pop up.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

There are a couple of things that can cause this:

1.  You are installing from a Terminal Server, mapped drive, or have invalid mapped drives and paths on your computer. 

2.  Your hard drive is using the Encrypted File System (EFS) and the installer doesn't have access to the locations it needs.  Turn off file encryption.

3.  Your Windows Installer needs updated.  Get the latest version from Microsoft. 

4.  You don't have permissions to write to your %TEMP% location.  Check your privileges as well as those listed in the temp folder for your profile. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report