Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble transferring lic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mattlav
188 Views, 2 Replies

Trouble transferring lic

I assist users with Deskside at my company.  Currently I have  a user that is getting new hardware.  When we try to transfer his license (or install it on the new system) we get "The serial number that you entered is not valid, try again" as an error.

We know that he successfully installed the license and product key on his existing system but he doesn't remember registering it but we need to move this existing license from his old system to his new system, and I would like to know what the best way is because after him, I have 4 more that I need to do that with. 

Matthew

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: mattlav

Hi Matthew,

There could be a couple different things going on here that are preventing the license from being re-activated. Please PM me your serial number so that I can further troubleshoot.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: mattlav

This is usually caused if your software has been upgraded or cross-graded and/or your product Subscription has expired. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report