Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting the setup.exe for Autodesk Maya 2014, plus Serial No. Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
klandry
1416 Views, 1 Reply

Trouble getting the setup.exe for Autodesk Maya 2014, plus Serial No. Issue

I've recently obtained my serial number and product key for Maya 2014 (which also happens to be the exact serial and product key numbers as my maya 2013 software. Not sure if that's normal.)

The problem is I can't get the setup.exe file from the website. I'm brought to the "Download Detail" page, which has the product information, but not download of the setup file initiates on the page. I can't seem to find a link to manually start the download either.

Another issue I'm having is the product serial code itself. I've had problems earlier trying to install Maya 2013 onto a side computer of mine. I get an error saying something to the effect of maxing out the total number of copies of this software I can have installed onto computers (I am maxing out at 2). The problem is I currently only have Maya 2013 in use on one computer. I did have issues with my computer earlier in the year due to a corrupt system file, which caused me to wipe the hardrive and start over. Is it possible that the other copy of Maya that I'm allowed to have is still taken up by the version I had on my computer before my hardrive was reformated?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: klandry

Welcome to the community Kaitlyn!

Having the same serial number for all of your products is actually by design, so you're all good there.

The available download options should be displayed on the in the center of the page (as seen below) that displays your serial number and can also be found be clicking on the My Software tab (left side of the page, also displayed below).

If it's still missing for some reason, I would recommend either downloading the software from the trial page (current release only), or directly from Matt our Virtual Assistant.

In regards to the activation limit error, student licenses are actually limited to one active activation per product per release. More info can be found here. Should you require reactivation assistance, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information!

EDU-DOWNLOAD.png

EDU-DOWNLOAD2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report