Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Installing Maya 2012. HELP Please!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
architectglaze13
419 Views, 2 Replies

Trouble Installing Maya 2012. HELP Please!

Hi, my name is Drew and I am a student currently studying Drafting. So I installed AutoCAD on my home computer with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I get to looking around at the programs Autodesk puts out and found Maya 2012. I have always been interested in computer generation and thought I'd give it a try. The problem is Maya 2012 will not install properly on my computer; matter of fact won't get past "Installing C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update". I downloaded the .exe file onto my laptop, entered the product key and serial given to me by Autodesk, and set the program off to install. After a period of (maybe) 20 seconds the install quits and tells me "Installation Complete. Some products failed to install." When actually none of the products (the six that are the Maya 2012 default programs) installed and are all marked with red X's. I would really like to try this program out while I have my student license for Autodesk.

Has anyone had this problem/know how to fix it? Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Acer Aspire 5735

64-bit

Windows Vista

30GB free on harddrive (plenty I'd assume)

4GB RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo T6400

Any more info that could be helpful, let me know and it will be provided.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Downloading Package from Microsoft. See if problem is fixed.

Message 3 of 3

Did not fix ^^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report