Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Installing Civil 3D 2011 Demo

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rhb0626
817 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble Installing Civil 3D 2011 Demo

I have downloaded the C3D 2011 main file and extracted it to  my HD..I run setup and the main screen comes up...

I select the  firs choice on the left: "Install Products" and the next screen "Select Products to Install" opens...

BUT..I cannot select anything..All three choices and boxes are grey...

Only active buttons are "back" and "cancel";

When I selected "Install Tools and Utilities" it will install License manager, cad manager and asset  locater...

I am running a 5 year old DELL XPS with XP Media Center and ATI Radeon X600 Video card...

I need to get up and running on C3D 2011 (from 2006) for a new project...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: rhb0626

your using an unsupported os XP media center

you need to upgrade your os to xp pro vista or windows 7

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

these are the system requirements:

For 32-Bit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011

• Windows® 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (32-bit); Windows Vista® Enterprise (SP1 or SP2, 32-bit); or Windows® XP Professional (SP3, 32-bit).
  • Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD Athlon, 3.0 GHz or faster; or Intel or AMD dual core processor, 2.0 GHz or faster.
  • 4 GB RAM minimum recommended.
  • 7 GB disk space with 2 GB free after installation.
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter (true color) 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card. 1,600 x 1,200 or greater recommended. Multiple monitors are supported.
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later.
  • DVD drive.
For 64-Bit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011

• Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (64-bit); Windows Vista Enterprise, Business, Ultimate (SP1 or SP2, 64-bit); or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (SP2, 64-bit).
  • AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel® Xeon with Intel® EM64T support, Intel® Pentium® 4 with Intel EM64T support.
  • 4 GB RAM minimum(8 GB recommended).
  • 7 GB disk space with 2 GB free after installation.
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter (true color) 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card. 1,600 x 1,200 or greater recommended. Multiple monitors are supported.
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later.
  • DVD drive.
Notes:

• Microsoft® Windows® 7 is recommended.
  • Microsoft® Windows Vista® offers better memory management over Microsoft® Windows® XP.
  • 64-bit operating systems are recommended over 32-bit operating systems because of the larger amount of available memory for applications.

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

would recommend on upgrading to windows 7 home premium or higher if you still want media center cause windows 7 comes with it now

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
rhb0626

It's not that I really WANT XP media center, It is what came preinstalled on my Dell XPS…five years ago..

Now here is my issue with big Software vendors who do not care about us little folk.....

I am a sole proprietor of a One man civil operation…my business has be horrendous since the end of 2007…I have survived on small jobs and burning through my savings to make house payments....so I had to give up health insurance and software upgrades…

Now, I finally have a shot at great project.. Civil Engineering for  a NEW 400 acre Municipal Solid Waste Landfill…8-10 months of work just to submit the application.., but I cannot be productive enough given all the issues with C3D 2006 and LDD companion…

So, I’ve been quoted $4,500 to upgrade to C3D 2011 and $6,200 to upgrade detention pond software since Wetlands mitigation will require 5 or 6 interconnected ponds…and NOW I find out that I also have to buy an computer…..unfortunately, I don’t have enough money to do all that…

I needed to run the  C3D 2011 demo for the 30 days, generate an invoice and then buy the upgrades…it looks like software and hardware eat 15% of my fee…I really wanted to start the project o using 2011, but now I have no choice but to struggle with the old version (mostly LDD since that works better than C3D 2006).. and I’m not sure I will want to go through the upgrade curve in the middle of a project…

I have an offer to you Autodesk, let me use the full package for 120 days no charge and I will see if the owner will let you showcase their project…hey, you are the multi-million dollar enterprise while I managed just over $30,000 in billings for 2009…

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: rhb0626

even if they did that you still don't have the computer to run the software you still have to buy a new computer

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
rhb0626

Well, I have some money to buy a new system (not a great one) and hopefully I can do enough work in 20 days to generate billing on the project so i can get paid to have the money for the upgrade before the demo expires........if not, then I'm sunk...that is why 120 days of gratis demo would let me get cash flow going...it's not like Autodesk would miss a payroll if I made my house payment...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report