Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Maya Student License to a new computer

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
johng0619
4113 Views, 6 Replies

Transferring Maya Student License to a new computer

Hi.  I just purchased a new Mac.  I had the Maya 2013 student license on my old Mac.  I did a software migration upon setup of the new Mac.  However, when I attempted to open it on the new Mac a licensing error popped up.  I went back to the Autodesk site to redownload and it downloaded successfully.  However, when I opened the software there was an "Activate" button.  When I clicked that, it automatically forwarded me to an email request to Autodesk.  Just want to make sure this request gets expedited and I have Maya up and running on the new machine soon as I need it for school.  Any help would be much appreicated.  The Activation request was sent from johng0619@yahoo.com

Thank you,

John

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
camilo.lemos
in reply to: johng0619

Hi johng0619 and welcome to the forums.

I've just checked and it looks liek we have not received an activation request from the e-mail address you mentioned. When you say you did a software migration, do you mean you used the Autodesk License Transfer Utility to pass your license from one Mac to another? What did the error message read on your first attempt to use the program on your new computer?

Could you send me you serial number via Private Message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send Private Message)?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 7
johng0619
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo.  Thanks for your reply!

I sent the email request from the mail app on my Mac this morning around 615AM ET.  But when I go into my sent mail on my iPhone, it isn't showing the email being sent.  I'm going to have to retry to send the request when I get home from work today. .  How late will you be in the office today?  I will be home around 530PM eastern tiime.

I'll send you the serial number via private message now.

Thanks again for your help on this!

John

Message 4 of 7
caitymag
in reply to: johng0619

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue with activating my preexisting educational Maya license, but I dual booted my Mac via Bootcamp and I need to use my educational license to work on the Windows side so that I can seamlessly work between Maya and Motion Builder. Please help! I can send an email shortly.

Thanks. 

Caitlin

Message 5 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: caitymag

@caitymag wrote:

I dual booted my Mac via Bootcamp and I need to use my educational license to work on the Windows side so that I can seamlessly work between Maya and Motion Builder. Please help! I can send an email shortly.

Hi Caitlin!

Do you mean that you are running Maya on both the Mac and Windows partitions? Per the LSA and site terms (taken from the Education Community Serial Number FAQ):

"You shall not install more than one copy of any release version of any Software product obtained on this site on more than one system at a time. For example, a faculty member has a desktop computer at home and a laptop computer she uses at work. That faculty member could not install a copy of AutoCAD 2013 on both the desktop and laptop systems simultaneously. She could, however, install AutoCAD 2012 on the desktop system and AutoCAD 2013 on the laptop system simultaneously."

For activation assistance, as you have already reached the limit, please contact our License Assistance Team providing your serial number and request code to receive an activation code.

Message 6 of 7
dmleblanc
in reply to: philip.s

hey there. My name is Dominic, and I have a student account. I just got a new windows PC. so to have my student account, would I have to uninstall it off my old laptop? or would that make lose my student license?

Message 7 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: dmleblanc

@dmleblanc

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Just install on the new machine and activate it as normal.  Once its up and running, perform a clean uninstall per these instructions on the old machine.  In addition remove the license information as describe >>here<<.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report