Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering AutoCad LT 2011 to new computer

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
488 Views, 8 Replies

Transfering AutoCad LT 2011 to new computer

I just got a new computer and would like to remove my software from my old computer (which is going to the scrap heap) and install it on my new computer.

Here is the problem the installation CD and product key were lost in a recent office remodel.

How can I make this transition?

HELP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

You could use our License Transfer Utility (LTU) to transfer your software and license from one computer to another. If you're unable to process the transfer using the LTU, then you can do a simple uninstall from the old machine and fresh install on the new machine. You can access a download link for your product through our Virtual Agent if the physical media is no longer available to you.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica...we have a similar problem in that we lost our AutoCad LT 2011 disc and need to re-install on a new computer. We actually have our Serial # and Activation code...just no disc. Your download link for the Virtual Agent does not seem to work. Hopefully you can point us in the right direction so we can download the software to re-install. Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

THANKS!

This did the trick.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Now here is the next question.  How do I change the email address associated with the liscense.

An automated response from Autodesk was sent to the person that orignally installed the software on my computer.  This person has since separated from the company.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 6 of 9
jessica.t

The link appears to be working when I open it in Firefox. Could you try clearing your cookies and cache or changing browsers and try one more time?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 9
jessica.t

Hi Scott,

Glad the transfer worked! But if you would like change the contact on your license you will need to contact our Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. Be sure to let me if you need anything else. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica-I was having a difficult time actually locating the 'Virtual Agent'. (My first time on this site) I think I found it now and hopefully this solves our problem: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Message 9 of 9
jessica.t

Oh I see! But yes, the link you've posted is correct and Virtual Agent hyperlink is about one third down that page. Please let me know if you need further assistance!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report