Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ADN License Server from workstation to server

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DennisHeijnemans
273 Views, 1 Reply

Transfer ADN License Server from workstation to server

Hi all,

We have an ADN subscription) and are currently running the NLM server for this subscription on our developers workstation. His computer will be replaced by a new one, but before we can phase out his machine we need to transfer the License file and server from his workstation to one of our actual servers.

I'm new in the company so do not yet have all the details, but what would the best practical approach be?

I do know how to set up and maintain a FlexLM server, so that part is covered, I just need to know what the legally approved way is to perform this operation with an ADN-based license server.

Also, at the moment only the Media & Entertainment part of our subscription is in this license file, the CAD/Geo part not (yet). What do I need to do to get this part working for us as well?

So in short:

1. How do I transfer the license server to another pc?

2. How do I get the actual license file for the CAD/GEO part of our ADN subscription?

Cheers!

Dennis

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You simply need to ask for a new license file for the new server.  Once it is in place, you will need to retire the old NLM server and point your applications to the new one. 

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

www.licenseparser.com > This will break down your current license file into plain english and you will find the serial number there.

You should download the lastest server tools here:

www.autodesk.com/nlm-ipv4-windows

www.autodesk.com/nlm-ipv6-windows

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report