Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking and limiting Vault license usage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Carl_mgfx
589 Views, 3 Replies

Tracking and limiting Vault license usage

Hi all

I have been doing a lot of reading when it comes to Vault and licensing, but I have not found a solution to my problem.

The situation is as follows:

We have 18 designers and 25 Vault Pro licenses, this leaves 7 "floating" licenses for use around the plant.

The problem comes in when more than 7 users around the plant pull vault licenses, leaving designers without licenses and resulting in the loss of work in the design office.

Is there a way to track the use of the Vault licenses?  I know the Vault log can be viewed but this takes too long to pin point who has licenses at any given time.  Is there a program similar to Sam report, JTB FlexReport or OpenLM that can track the Vault license usage, or read from the Vaults log file and give an easy to understand output?

Is there a way to reserve Vault licenses for a set group of users?  I already know that the NLM options file doesn't work, but is there something similar for Vault licensing?  Or should Vault be setup in a different way to accomodate for this?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JTBWorld
in reply to: Carl_mgfx

I have it on my to-do-list to add reporting of Vault license usage to JTB FlexReport. Feel free to contact me at info@jtbworld.com for further discussion about it.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 4
Carl_mgfx

Hi Jimmy

Thank you for the reply.  I have sent you a mail with the same subject as this forum post.

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
Message 4 of 4
obourne

YOu can find out who has a Vault license by looking at the server log in the ADMS console. It's very verbose and has stuff you won't care about so you will need to sift throu it. I personally copy the log to excel and sift out what I want to see there.

That said, Vault has an automatic 30 minute time out so if a license sit in active for more than 30 minutes it should be returned to the aspplication pool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report