Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbars not staying where they are put

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
coopdetat
212 Views, 2 Replies

Toolbars not staying where they are put

Hi all, (including Autodesk monitors 8-))

(AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012)

I went round and round trying to make the toolbars for my custom menus stay where I put them but they just won't stick.  They will stay in their general location (on the left of my screen) but each time I switch workspaces they will all stack up in one too-tall column.  I have arranged them in two columns each time but that arrangement never sticks.  I tried using the locks but that made no difference.

When I open AutoCAD they will come back as they were when it was closed most of the time ( they expand to three columns sometimes!?)

Here's hoping that Autodesk can fix this problem.  It is very annoying.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: coopdetat

Nothing to fix.

After you re-arrange a set of toolbars, you must manually save the workspace. Especially before you move on to another.

Ideally, leave the core OOTB workspaces alone and crate new custom ones for yourself.

Most verticals load a saved external profile at startup, and can also be set up to reload a specific CUI and "old" workspaces too: ensure that is not another issue you have missed.

Message 3 of 3
coopdetat
in reply to: pendean

i have meticulously tried every possible method to preserve the toolbar layout.  I have saved the workspace and exported each profile that I use when I start either plain AutoCAD or Civil 3D.  When I start up the session the toolbars are as expected (most of the time, they sometimes are in three columns when they have been saved in two columns).  Once the session is started (either plain or 3D) if I switch workspaces the toolbars will all stack up in a single column.  If I switch back to the workspace I started in the toolbars do not return to their saved configuration.  They are stacked up in a single column.  The single column extends off the page or I would not worry about it.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report