Installation & Licensing

sdcwatechies
Message 1 of 2 (74 Views)

Toolbar Fatal error problem in AcadR14.01

74 Views, 1 Replies
06-21-2001 03:53 AM
I have a user running the network version on a Dell system, Win98SE,512Mb Ram and a nVidia 32Mb GeForce2 GTS video card.
Everytime he tries to customize the toolbars and even sometimes just opening up the View-Toolbars and selecting or deselecting a toolbar the program gives a Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Error and one of a couple hex addresses. At that point the program closes out. Upon restart no toolbars are visible. I can copy in saved acad.mn* files to the support directory and get the toolbars back but without the customization. He really wants a resolution to this. I have tried everyting I have found in the Knowledge base but nothing seems to resolve this.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Sincerely,

da techs
sdcwatechies
Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)

Re: Toolbar Fatal error problem in AcadR14.01

06-21-2001 06:49 AM in reply to: sdcwatechies
An update on the problem. It happens when the user customizes a toolbar by adding items to it. He will then exit AutoCAD and it will bomb out on the next restarts until the good acad.mn* files are copied into the support directory. No additions are made into the acad.err file on subsequent boots, so i have no lead there. The only two files that change in size from the acad.mn* are the acad.mnr (which drops to 6 bytes) and the acad.mns (only a few bytes change).

Once again Thanks! in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Da techs

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube