Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbar Fatal error problem in AcadR14.01

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
176 Views, 1 Reply

Toolbar Fatal error problem in AcadR14.01

I have a user running the network version on a Dell system, Win98SE,512Mb Ram and a nVidia 32Mb GeForce2 GTS video card.
Everytime he tries to customize the toolbars and even sometimes just opening up the View-Toolbars and selecting or deselecting a toolbar the program gives a Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Error and one of a couple hex addresses. At that point the program closes out. Upon restart no toolbars are visible. I can copy in saved acad.mn* files to the support directory and get the toolbars back but without the customization. He really wants a resolution to this. I have tried everyting I have found in the Knowledge base but nothing seems to resolve this.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Sincerely,

da techs
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

An update on the problem. It happens when the user customizes a toolbar by adding items to it. He will then exit AutoCAD and it will bomb out on the next restarts until the good acad.mn* files are copied into the support directory. No additions are made into the acad.err file on subsequent boots, so i have no lead there. The only two files that change in size from the acad.mn* are the acad.mnr (which drops to 6 bytes) and the acad.mns (only a few bytes change).

Once again Thanks! in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Da techs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report