Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many users- student version

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
htse-cc
505 Views, 3 Replies

Too many users- student version

hello, i recenetly bought a new laptop and new desktop, and installed autocad like how i used to, however, i am not able to activate the license, it is saying i already have too many computers activated, i already formatted the old harddisk i used to have, there is no way i can get back to my old autocad and revit and do the license transfer. (i just realize i need to do the license transfer before formatting the harddisk). what can i do now? i think my only way is to get in contact with autodesk, but i have been looking on the internet, i dont seem to find a way to be able to contact them whatsoever, please let me know what is my best solution? can i just simply deactivate all previous license since i dont have autocad on them anymore? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: htse-cc

One Single Install fir student License: you will need to use the license transfer utility every time you need to change devices.

You are correct, you should not have reformatted the first PC without ensuring that everything worked propoey on the second. Autodesk contact is your next step on Monday if they don't contact you here by then.
Message 3 of 4
htse-cc
in reply to: pendean

how do i contact them? is there a number i can call? what are their hours? is there a online chat section?
Message 4 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: htse-cc

Hi There,

Here is a link to a online chat. It normally works for me. The chat would only be available during working hours.

www.autodesk.com/licensesupport

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report