Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Petek
219 Views, 2 Replies

Token-Ring Supported?

We're currently running ADT 3.0 with the licenses being managed from a single server. I'm the network administrator and have been asked to upgrade to ADT 3.3. The installation documentation specifies that "The Autodesk License Manager supports Ethernet network configurations only." This presents a problem because we are running token-ring (with plans to switch to Ethernet in a year or so). Can someone please confirm that ADT 3.3 License Manager does not run under token-ring? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Petek

Pete -

Are you running with the existing adlm in a token-ring environment or do you have a
network segment that is ethernet for the adt 3.0 adlm? The elan adlm isn't supposed to
work with on a token ring, it's only supported on ethernet as well, but that's not
answering your question...

The only type of network that is supported by the FlexLM adlm is ethernet. It's because
the auth code is dependant on the ethernet address of the ethernet card (as well as the
type of license, # of licenses, etc.).

I cannot confirm that it won't work on a token ring, but it doesn't make any sense that it
would, and it's not supported.

sorry

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"Petek" wrote in message news:f07be46.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> We're currently running ADT 3.0 with the licenses being managed from a single server.
I'm the network administrator and have been asked to upgrade to ADT 3.3. The installation
documentation specifies that "The Autodesk License Manager supports Ethernet network
configurations only." This presents a problem because we are running token-ring (with
plans to switch to Ethernet in a year or so). Can someone please confirm that ADT 3.3
License Manager does not run under token-ring? Thanks in advance.
>
Message 3 of 3
Petek
in reply to: Petek

Jason,

We're currently running the adlm on token-ring (we have no Ethernet segment). We wanted to increase the number of licenses and were told that we had to upgrade. (I think this is a marketing requirement, not a systems requirement.) Our procurement folks will now go back and see if we can negotiate a new deal. Thanks for your help.

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report