Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
morkanja
315 Views, 6 Replies

To less Disk Space

I jut got a problem, many people also got...

I tried to install the Trial of "Infrasturcture Design Suit Ultimate 2014" and always get the error "Out of Disk Space".

Even though I specified another Disk as installation Folder.

My problem is, that there is no way to clean it up, because it is a 64GB SSD and the installer wants to install 84GB on it.

I could probably free 10GB of Space on my SSD, but that's it.

Is there any possibility to install all files on the other drive?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: morkanja

Create a D:\temp folder (or spare drive).

Then change the TEMP folder and TMP to the D:\ Drive.  You can follow the steps in this blog post as an example:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/11/data-encrypted-drives-autodesk-software-temp-fold...

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
morkanja
in reply to: david.lau

Already did so, and the Installer seems to download the files there, but it still wants to install 80GB to my SSD.

Thanks anyway!

Message 4 of 7
dembkod

morkanja

Hello. If you are trying to install ALL the programs at once, with such limited space, you will probably get errors. Try to install the programs one at a time and see how many you can get installed. Clean out your temp folder after each install too and the contents of your c:\Autodesk folder

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 7
david.lau

Move your install media to D:\Autodesk

Change your installation path to:

D:\Program Files\Autodesk

David Lau
Message 6 of 7
dgorsman

IMHO, 64 GB is too small for a system drive on a CAD system these days.  Programs are getting larger, as is the program data involved.

You don't need to drop big bucks on a terabyte-range SSD but I'd say 120 GB would be scraping the bottom limits of practicality.  Double that should future proof you for at least several years.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Please understand that some parts of the installation files are necessary to be installed on the root system drive. Shortcuts, registry settings, and profile customizations are all examples of this. However, you may be able to make some system changes that will allow you to install your Autodesk product and avoid this error. Please review my KB article for more information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-anothe...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report