Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
ploftis
601 Views, 7 Replies

Timeout Specific Users

Is there a way to setup our options file to timeout specific users rather than TIMEOUTALL?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: ploftis

No. The adskflex.opt Options file only supports TIMEOUT and TIMEOUTALL. You can only apply it to a specific license feature and not a group of users. What are you trying to accomplish? There may be other methods you can use.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

The Options file commands are located in Chapter 5 of your Network License Manager User's Guide.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
ploftis

We are trying to set up something that will free up licenses after 30 minutes. However, we have a couple of power users who we do not want to timeout. We thought we could setup a group of users to exclude then timeout everyone else. Any other ideas how we could accomplish this?
Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Certainly. Set up the TIMEOUTALL as usual, but then also set up a RESERVE for the users that you want to always have a license. The side effect of this is that the couple of users that you set for the reserve will always show a license being checked out to them (similar as if it were borrowed) even if they are not using the license. Essentially, those users will always have a license no matter the circumstances.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 8
ploftis

That will work. Thank you very much. It is appreciated.
Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

If that doesn't work for you, you can use the MAX option instead. Break your users up into two groups. One would include your power users and the other would include everyone else. You would then set the MAX licenses available to the other group to your amount of licenses minus the amount you want to always be available to your power users. It would work essentially like the reserve without actually specifically setting the licenses aside for the particular users. So if you had 20 licenses, the MAX command would allow you to only give the group access to 18 of them, for example.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

My pleasure! Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report